Women Empowerment and Development
The real situation with respect to work participation of differently able person is bleak. According to Census, 2011, 1 crore 57 lakh PWDs working age group (15 to 49 years) among them approximately 58 lakhs PWDs (Just 36.35) were employed as main workers, 17.14 lakhs were employed as marginal workers for 3-6 months and 4.19 lakhs were employed as marginal workers for less than 3 months. In SHIRC , we thereby approach Companies for funds to fill up the three mandated 3% quota for including differently abled persons in the workforce. However, they certainly lack behind and so, we have to establish projects :
- To identify, mobilise and screen PWD beneficiaries from low income households through a structured social mobilisation process.
- To build capacities of 60 PWD members in different trades including camel art, batik print,pottery and embroiderry art .
- To train them in soft skills, accounting, business development and marketing strategies to establish their own set up.
- To teach them the hygenic methods of living , proper sanitisation (with the help of SHITCâ€™s established only wormen toilets), family planning and other allied methods of structured living.
- To facilitate appropriate backward and forward linkages.